Director of Development
Available Positions as of 5/20/2016
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s preferred.
- 10 years advancement experience with emphasis in funding development
- Demonstrate proven funding cultivation and solicitation expertise
- Proven personnel and project management with 5 years of management experience.
- Personal Attributes:
- Exhibit a passion for our life changing mission, including the transistion of our returning veterans and education programs to assist them into tech careers
- Familiarity with strategic planning.
- Effectively integrate initiatives with a big picture, strategic vision.
- Possess outstanding presentation and communication (verbal & written) skills for broad public appeal and for select audiences.
- Proficiency with computer technology, databases, and communications.
- Demonstrated ease and comfort in cultivating the interests of and relationships with educators, peers, faculty, general public audiences, and institutions.
- Demonstrate organizational and management skills needed to lead the advancement function into the future
- Possess the ability to motivate, train and develop others
- Proven skills in diplomacy
- Part time to start 20 hours/per week – growing to 40 Hours each week
- Lead project partnership engagement by cultivating relationships with high net worth individuals, wealth managers, corporate and charitable foundations, government grant managers and other potential donors of VetsinTech projects and programs
- Lead fundraising by personally cultivating and soliciting portfolio of major donor and top prospects.
- Develop a comprehensive fundraising plans for bequests and planned giving.
- Utilize Executive Director, Board, and other staff to secure funding through major donors.
- Support Board led funding activities including establishment of a Advancement Committee
- Develop and execute a comprehensive long-range funding plan of a member donor database by effective utilization of direct mail, cause marketing, and donor relations.
- Manage the VetsinTech annual Veterans Day Gala and all related fundraising.
- Pursue every avenue for grants and donations, securing general operating, capital and special project funding.
- Effectively manage capital campaigns and secure funding.
- Lead and execute special events, fund drives increasing our financial return and standing in the community, including working closely with the Conference and Events team to execute a signature event that increases and maximizes our return on investment.
- Work closely with Marketing on public relations, communications, and branding initiatives. To include
- Effectively developing and maintaining in partnership with Marketing; communications materials, including brochures, annual report, news releases, newsletters, board orientation manual, website, direct marketing, and other publications so that materials and the Vets in Tech brand effectively communication the mission, programs and positive image to the community.
- Ensure positive media relations through co-development with Marketing; articles, press releases, PSAs and op-eds to promote image to the community.
- Coordinate closely with Marketing on messaging and advocacy.
- Together with Marketing to codify and support branding effort, reflecting current partnerships, and future growth.
- Administration and Planning
- Serve as contact for VetsinTech Board, management and program staff in all areas of their role and responsibility.
- Develop and be accountable for operating budgets.
- Participate in planning processes and meet or exceed all annual strategic goals.
- Participate on board committees when appropriate.
- Prepare reports as required by the Executive Team and the Board.
- Participate on the executive team and support the Executive Director with other duties as assigned.
- Customer Service – respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs and requests of others, internally and externally.
- Understand the impact of their work on others and be an outstanding role model.
- Establish goals, monitor progress and coach to enable employees to meet their goals.
- Create a positive environment where two-way communication and strong trust are established.
- Recognize achievers and address those who do not meet expectations in a timely, fair manner.
- Coach, mentor, and raise the team’s ability to deliver and exceed expectations while creating opportunities for succession talent.
- Ensure an exemplary volunteer program to foster strong relationships within the community such that companies and volunteers make the VetsinTech the volunteer program of choice.
For consideration for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to