ViT Intro to Python Sponsored by DISNEY!
30 Oct @ 5:00 PM - 24 Nov @ 7:00 PM PDT$10.00
Calling all veterans interested in learning Python. VetsinTech is excited to offer professional, live instruction for VetsinTech Python Fundamentals for Data Science training exclusively for past and present military service members, veterans, and spouses of either- sponsored by DISNEY!
In partnership with DISNEY, VetsinTech presents Python 3.x Fundamentals. Get started in the fields of Data Analytics, Web Scraping, Informatics, and Machine Learning with this course. This course teaches variables, logic, flow control, switch statements, looping, object orientation, lists, dictionaries, and more! Learn how to interact with online APIs, scrape websites for data, build automated spreadsheets, and other data driven tasks.
This course, valued at more than $5,000, is brought to you by DISNEY and is priced at only $10 per student. Python is at the base of many lucrative technology-based careers such as Data Engineering, Healthcare Informatics Analyst, Database Management, and back-end engineering. VetsinTech is proud to support our Veteran and Military communities by inviting all Active Duty, Reserve, Guard, and spouses of all of these.
- Purchase event ticket on Eventbrite
- Sign up for your VetsinTech account at
- Verify your Eligibility status with ID.me at the following link: https://vetsintech.co/idme
- Submit your resume online at the following link: https://vetsintech.co/submit-resume/
- Attend virtual orientation (via zoom) you will receive an invite for Orientation a week before class starts. (link will be sent to students)
Important Disclaimer Regarding Class Format
Please be prepared to have cameras on during class, and to be interacting in the video chat/Slack. If you have a second monitor, we recommend using it so that you can be watching the instructor on one screen and completing activities on the other.
This Python course teaches the fundamentals of Python 3.x. Students will learn Python objects, dictionaries, lists (arrays), loops, conditionals, and basic OOP concepts.
- Introduction to Python & Python libraries
- Working with data types in Python
- Writing simple functions to manipulate input values
- Introduction to Functional Programming
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
- Process data from Excel, PDF, CSV, JSON, and more
- Basic web scraping
- Live API interaction
Schedule for the class
5-7 PM Pacific |6-8 PM Mountain | 7-9 PM Central | 8-10 PM Eastern