- This event has passed.
VetsinTech Python Fundamentals for Data Science by Lockheed Martin!
1 May @ 5:00 PM - 25 May @ 7:00 PM PDT
Calling all veterans interested in learning web development. VetsinTech is excited to offer FULL SCHOLARSHIPS for VetsinTech Python Fundamentals for Data Science training exclusively for past and present military service members, veterans, and spouses of either – sponsored by Lockheed Martin!
- Verify your Eligibility status with ID.me at the following link: https://vetsintech.co/idme
- Submit your resume online at the following link: https://vetsintech.co/submit-resume/
- Attend virtual orientation (via zoom) you will receive an invite for Orientation a week before class starts. (link will be sent to students)
Important Disclaimer Regarding Class Format
Please be prepared to have cameras on during class, and to be interacting in the video chat/Slack. If you have a second monitor, we recommend using it so that you can be watching the instructor on one screen and completing activities on the other.
This Python course teaches the fundamentals of Python 3.x. Students will learn Python objects, dictionaries, lists (arrays), loops, conditionals, and basic OOP concepts.
- Introduction to Python & Python libraries
- Working with data types in Python
- Writing simple functions to manipulate input values
- Introduction to Functional Programming
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
- Process data from Excel, PDF, CSV, JSON, and more
- Basic web scraping
- Regular expressions https://www.dataquest.io/blog/regex-cheatsheet/
Schedule for the class
5-7 PM Pacific |6-8 PM Mountain | 7-9 PM Central | 8-10 PM Eastern
Be prepared, have a camera, and interact during class.
Virtual Orientation: Thursday, Apr 27th at 5 pm PDT. You will receive a calendar invite as the class roster is finalized closer to the date.