- This event has passed.
VetsinTech Phoenix Web Dev Training
13 Nov 18 @ 6:00 PM - 15 Jan 19 @ 9:00 PM UTC-7
Calling all veterans interested in learning web development. VetsinTech is excited to offer FULL SCHOLARSHIPS for Front End Web Development training exclusively for veterans.
This is an 8-week course with classes every Tuesday and Thursday evening between 9 October and 11 December 2018 conducted through Galvanize in Phoenix, AZ (no class 22 November, Thanksgiving).
» Explain how the web works
» Create the structure and style of a website using HTML & CSS
» Host a website on a server
» Know the basic technical vocabulary to communicate effectively with front-end web developers
This course is offered exclusively to currently serving military, a veteran or a spouse of either. SPACE IS LIMITED. Register here and be prepared to show proof of service with your military ID card or DD214 and Linkedin profile prior to the course start date. More detailed course information below. Please forward any questions to VetsinTech Operations Director: email@example.com
Get Prepared for the Web Development Immersive
Why take this course?
What You’ll Learn:
No matter your existing skill level, by the end of this workshop you will learn:
- How to structure the state of your programs
- How to manipulate complex data structures
- How to write functions for reusable code
- Interacting with the web browser using jQuery
- Basic HTML and CSS (for a deeper dive into interfaces, see our HTML & CSS Online Flex Course)
- How to create dynamic, event-driven interfaces that you can use to build complex applications
Who Should Take this Class?
- Hobbyist: Come and test the waters and see if working with programming logic and coding is something you enjoy.
- Future Web Development Immersive Student: If you are considering becoming a Galvanize Web Development student, you will find this workshop will give you the tools and techniques you are expected to know to enter the program.
For this course, candidates must have proof of veteran status and enroll through VetsinTech. Aside from the $10 registration fee, there is no cost to students for this course.
Tuesday & Thursday evenings 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Week 1: Oct 9 & 11
Week 2: Oct 16 & 18
Week 3: Oct 23 & 25
Week 4: Oct 30 & Nov 1
Week 5: Nov 6 & 8
Week 6: Nov 20 (22 Nov Off for Thanksgiving)
Week 7: Nov 27 & 29
Week 8: Dec 4 & 6
Week 9: Dec 11