- This event has passed.
VetsinTech Python Fundamentals for Data Science by DraftKings!
September 12 @ 5:00 PM - October 6 @ 7:00 PM PDT
Calling all veterans interested in a career in data management or information management skills…
VetsinTech is excited to offer FULL SCHOLARSHIPS for Python Fundamentals for Data Analytics exclusively for past and present military service members, veterans, and spouses!
- Verify your Eligibility status with ID.me at the following link: https://vetsintech.co/idme
- Fill out and submit your application HERE
Important Disclaimer Regarding Class Format:
Please be prepared to have cameras on during class, and to be interacting in the video chat/Slack. If you have a second monitor, we recommend using it so that you can be watching the instructor on one screen and completing activities on the other.
You will learn the basics of programming by building simple applications for managing data. More specifically you will get hands-on experience creating data models using the object-oriented programming techniques used most often in data science courses.
**If you have already taken VetsinTech Python Fundamentals before, you will not be able to take it again**
- Introduction to Python & Python libraries
- Working with data types in Python
- Writing simple functions to manipulate input values
- Introduction to Functional Programming
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
- Process data from Excel, PDF, CSV, JSON, and more
- Basic web scraping
- Regular expressions https://www.dataquest.io/blog/regex-cheatsheet/
Schedule for the class
5-7 PM Pacific | 6-8 PM Mountain | 7-9 PM Central | 8-10 PM Eastern
Virtual Orientation: Thursday, Sep 8th at 9 am PDT. You will receive a calendar invite as the class roster is finalized closer to the date.
Week 1: Sep 12, 13, 14, 15
Week 2: Sep 19, 20, 21, 22
Week 3: Sep 26, 27, 28, 29
Week 4: Oct 3, 4, 5, 6