- This event has passed.
VetsinTech TX & DraftKings Web Dev Training
8 Nov 18 @ 6:30 PM - 10 Jan 19 @ 9:30 PM UTC-6
Calling all veterans interested in learning web development. VetsinTech is excited to offer FULL SCHOLARSHIPS for Front End Web Development training exclusively for veterans – sponsored by DraftKings!
This is an 8-week course with classes every Tuesday and Thursday evening between 9 October and 11 December 2018 conducted through Galvanize in Austin, TX (no class 22 November, Thanksgiving).
» Explain how the web works
» Create the structure and style of a website using HTML & CSS
» Host a website on a server
» Know the basic technical vocabulary to communicate effectively with front-end web developers
This course is offered exclusively to currently serving military, a veteran or a spouse of either. SPACE IS LIMITED. Register here and be prepared to show proof of service with your military ID card or DD214 and Linkedin profile prior to the course start date. More detailed course information below. Please forward any questions to VetsinTech Operations Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Prepared for the Web Development Immersive
Beginning your web development journey can sometimes be a little intimidating, especially if you’re trying to achieve the skills necessary to gain acceptance to our 6-month program. This 5-week, part-time workshop was created specifically to help change that and to jumpstart your career as a Web Developer.
Why take this part-time course?
You will learn the technical skills needed to succeed in the Galvanize Web Development admissions process, while also giving you the room and space to explore your interests in web development and programming.
NOTE: Successful completion of this workshop does not guarantee acceptance into the Galvanize Web Development Immersive program.
What You’ll Learn:
No matter your existing skill level, by the end of this workshop you will learn:
- How to structure the state of your programs
- How to manipulate complex data structures
- How to write functions for reusable code
- Interacting with the web browser using jQuery
- Basic HTML and CSS (for a deeper dive into interfaces, see our HTML & CSS Online Flex Course)
- How to create dynamic, event-driven interfaces that you can use to build complex applications
Who Should Take this Class?
- Hobbyist: Come and test the waters and see if working with programming logic and coding is something you enjoy.
- Future Web Development Immersive Student: If you are considering becoming a Galvanize Web Development student, you will find this workshop will give you the tools and techniques you are expected to know to enter the program. To learn more about the admission requirements for our Web Development Immersive Program, click here.
For this course, candidates must have proof of veteran status and enroll through VetsinTech. Aside from the $10 registration fee, there is no cost to students for this course.
Tuesday & Thursday evenings 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Week 1: Oct 9 & 11
Week 2: Oct 16 & 18
Week 3: Oct 23 & 25
Week 4: Oct 30 & Nov 1
Week 5: Nov 6 & 8
Week 6: Nov 20 (22 Nov Off for Thanksgiving)
Week 7: Nov 27 & 29
Week 8: Dec 4 & 6
Week 9: Dec 11